Researchers from the RAMA group have participated as lecturers in this course taught at CIHEAM-Zaragoza, which was also organized by the PRIMA Foundation and ICARDA. The course took place from November 6 to 19, with the participation of 17 students in person and 26 in remote mode. The in-person students have come from a dozen countries bordering the Mediterranean.
More details on the course can be obtained at:
The course has covered the following aspects:
- The relationship between the Nexus and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The implementation of the Nexus in the context of climate change.
- Irrigated agriculture facing severe water stress.
- Reducing the dependence of Mediterranean agriculture on water and energy.
- The Nexus at the interface between irrigated agriculture and wetlands.
- Nitrate pollution in irrigated agriculture.
- The interaction between the Nexus, stakeholders and policy development.
- Innovative Nexus governance approaches.
- Software tools for irrigation systems in the context of the Nexus.
- Use of renewable energies in irrigation .
- Alternative water resources for irrigation.
- The Nexus in irrigated agriculture at different scales.
- River contracts: a tool for nitrate pollution control.
- Accounting for ecosystem services.
The course lecturers from the RAMA Group where Carmen Castañeda, Daniel Isidoro, Enrique Playán and Nery Zapata.