The research Group IRRIGATION, AGRONOMY AND ENVIRONMENT is integrated by researchers belonging to the RAMA group of the Agrifood Research and Technology Centre of Aragón (Grupo RAMA, CITA, Gobierno de Aragón) and the Soil and Water Department of the Aula Dei Experimental Station of the Spanish Council for Scientific Research (Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas), located at the Aula Dei Campus in Zaragoza and the University of Zaragoza.
The group is multidisciplinary with focus in core activities that have led to stable collaborations between group members to produce scientific and technological information in the soil-water-crop-atmosphere interface leading to a more competitive, efficient and sustainable irrigated agriculture.
- Workshop on the control of Zebra mussel in pressurized irrigation networksOn March 1, 2024, we will be holding a workshop on new tools for the early detection of zebra mussels and the analysis of chemical treatments in pressurized networks. The event will take place at the headquarters of the General Irrigation Community of Alto Aragón (RAA). We will begin at[…]
- New edition of the International MSc on “Sustainable Water Management and Governance in Natural and Agricultural Environments” by CIHEAM ZaragozaThe RAMA group participates in the coordination and lectures of the new edition of the CIHEAM Zaragoza International Master on “Sustainable Water Management and Governance in Natural and Agricultural Environments”. This new edition will begin in October 2024, and lasts for two years. The first year will be dedicated to[…]
- Doctoral Program in Agricultural and Environmental Sciences: Welcoming and Evaluation WorkshopThe Doctoral Program in Agricultural and Environmental Sciences of the University of Zaragoza is a multidisciplinary and transversal program in the areas of Agriculture and the Environment, in which Faculty and researchers from two centers (Polytechnical School of Huesca, Faculty of Veterinary Sciences) and one department (Agrarian and Natural Environment[…]
- Sílvia Cufí (University of Girona) performs a stay at CITA to do research on crop modelingSílvia Cufí is developing her doctoral thesis at the Irrigation Engineering and Management (EGR) research group at the University of Girona (UdG) . The thesis is co-directed by Dr. Francesc Ramírez from Cartagena (EGR group) and Dr. Farida Dechmi, from the Irrigation, Agronomy and Environment (RAMA) research group of the[…]
- Seminar cycle 2024 of the RAMA groupThe seminar cycle for scientific and training personnel of the RAMA group will begin on February 1st. The seminars will be held every Thursday from February 1 to May 16 (except for legal holidays), between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. There will be two presentations per seminar, with about 20[…]
- Effects of crop diversification in sprinkler irrigated corn systems on greenhouse gas emissionsThe diversification of corn cultivation systems with a fallow period during the winter could not only contribute to greater agrodiversity but also to the optimization of inputs and the reduction of negative environment impacts, such as greenhouse gas emissions. With this premise, a study was carried out at the EEAD[…]
- Workshop on “Nitrate pollution in Aragon. Main challenges”The Ebro Water Partnership organized a workshop on nitrate pollution and its challenges. The event was held at the facilities of the Higher Polytechnic School of Huesca (University of Zaragoza) on December 15, 2023. The RAMA group is part of the Partnership (a cooperation group of the Rural Development Program[…]
- Marcos Bongiovanni participates in the seminar “Productive systems in Argentina and Uruguay”A seminar on production systems in Argentina and Uruguay will be held on November 29, 2023. The seminar will take place at the CITA auditorium, from 12 to 1 p.m. It will consist of three presentations: These three researchers are currently performing doctoral stays on the Aula Dei campus (CITA[…]
- Ramón Isla intervenes in “La Sembradora de Ideas”: The challenge of improving efficiency in nitrogen fertilizationAfter its third edition, the annual event “La sembradora de Ideas”, organized by the Monzón City Council, is consolidated as an essential event on the evolution of the primary sector. In the 2023 edition, the chosen theme was “Step by step: fertilizing and digitizing farms.” The event featured an opening[…]
- The RAMA Group participates in the CIHEAM Zaragoza course on “Integrating the Water-Energy-Food-Ecosystem (WEFE) nexus approach in Mediterranean irrigated agriculture”Researchers from the RAMA group have participated as lecturers in this course taught at CIHEAM-Zaragoza, which was also organized by the PRIMA Foundation and ICARDA. The course took place from November 6 to 19, with the participation of 17 students in person and 26 in remote mode. The in-person students[…]