The research Group IRRIGATION, AGRONOMY AND ENVIRONMENT is integrated by researchers belonging to the RAMA group of the Agrifood Research and Technology Centre of Aragón (Grupo RAMA, CITA, Gobierno de Aragón) and the Soil and Water Department of the Aula Dei Experimental Station of the Spanish Council for Scientific Research (Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas), located at the Aula Dei Campus in Zaragoza and the University of Zaragoza.
The group is multidisciplinary with focus in core activities that have led to stable collaborations between group members to produce scientific and technological information in the soil-water-crop-atmosphere interface leading to a more competitive, efficient and sustainable irrigated agriculture.
- A new edition of the UNIZAR Master in water resources engineeringThe RAMA group participates in the new edition of the Master’s degree in water resources engineering at the University of Zaragoza. The Master is planned as a specialization course. A multidisciplinary team of university professors, scientists and professionals participate in the Master’s lecturing staff to provide complete and applied training[…]
- Visit by University of Milano and Water Users Asociations from the north of Italy to Pina de Ebro and the Aula Dei CampusOn July 10, a group of Italian researchers and technicians visited the RAMA group. The visit was organized by Daniele Masseroni, a Professor at the University of Milano. Together with Fabiola Gangi and Claudio Gandolfi, also from the University of Milan, they are interested in the modernization processes of surface[…]
- Workshop on irrigation governance and modernizationThe RAMA group has participated in the workshop on governance in irrigation water users associations organized by the Ebro-Aragón II Water Partnership. This initiative is included in the Cooperation Projects between agents of the agricultural sector PDR 2014-2022, financed by the Government of Aragon and the EFARD funds. The workshop[…]
- Activities of the RAMA group in project “S.O.S. – Suelo” (AGROALNEXT)Last Wednesday, July 5, soil sampling began to evaluate the impact of direct sowing and crop rotation with legumes on dryland extensive systems in Castejón del Puente (Huesca, Spain). The “S.O.S.-Suelo” project is exploring the effect of various agronomic practices (such as direct sowing, plant cover, the introduction of legumes[…]
- Third summer school of the SMARTWATER project in Trebinje, Bosnia and HerzegovinaThe third summer school of the SMARTWATER project is taking place between 3 and 7 July 2023 in Trebinje, Bosnia and Herzegovina. The project aims to promote the adoption of new technologies for water management in local agriculture to deal with droughts and climate change. SMARWATER partners include the Universities[…]
- Visit of two researchers from the Agrarian School of Ponte de Lima (Portugal)Thanks to an Erasmus+ grant, professors and researchers Isabel Valín and Susana Mendes from the Agrarian School of Ponte de Lima (Portugal) enjoyed a few days at CITA. Dr. Valín is a specialist in irrigation water management and sensor technology, particularly in viticulture. Dr. Mendes performs research on the agroecology[…]
- A “Road Movie” in Bosnia and HercegovinaThe RAMA group participates in the SMARTWATER. project (Promoting SMART agricultural WATER management in Bosnia and Herzegovina), funded by the Horizon 2020 Widespread Program. The project partners are the University of Banja Luka (Coordinator), the University of Sarajevo, CIHEAM-IAMB Bari, the Higher Institute of Agronomy (ISA) of Lisbon, the company[…]
- The RAMA group seizes funds from the Aragonese Government for the period 2023-2025Today’s Official Gazette of Aragon publishes the resolution of the call for grants intended to promote the research activity of research groups recognized by the Administration of the Community of Aragon for the period 2023-2025. The resolution includes financing of 60,389.79 € for RAMA in this period. This is great[…]
- New insights on factors controlling water temperature in surface waters of the Ebro River basinData recorded by meteorological stations shows that air temperature during the last 40 years has increased in most of them. This global warming driven by climate change not only has affected the water temperature of oceans and seas, but also has driven an increase in the water temperature of surface[…]
- A ten years old Water Partnership of the Ebro riverIn June 2012, the Association of Agricultural Engineers of Aragon, Navarra and the Basque Country convened the first meeting of the Working Committee on Water and Food Security. The meeting was attended by a group of professionals from different institutions related to irrigated agriculture. Throughout that year, the Commission shaped[…]